We are officially finished with our 2023 blueberry season. Now it’s time for the blueberry plants to rest.
Thanks to all who visited our fields to pick your own or bought them just picked in our garden center.
The 2023 Season:
We did begin picking our unsprayed highbush blueberries on July 7th. Our fields are open for picking from 9 am to 4pm, weather permitting.
Windy Hill Farm experienced a devastating freeze on May 18th. Our apple crop was destroyed as well as damage to our winterberry crop. The blueberry crop is later and lighter than in previous years.
Please call us at (413) 298-3217 for the most up-to-date picking information and availability.
You will be asked to pay for your blueberries before you enter the field.
Blueberry Picking Helpful Hints:
- Be prepared for the weather. The blueberry fields will be closed if it is raining or if there is lightning in the area.
- Our blueberry fields are in the sun and a 10-minute walk up the road. Wear comfortable walking shoes. Don’t forget hats and sunscreen.
- Please bring your own water.
- Please watch your children and always be respectful of other pickers.
- Take your time and pick only berries that are blue, not pink nor green. Please pick one berry at a time. Look deep in the bush for hidden berries.
- Pets are not allowed in the blueberry fields due to health regulations.
- Our employees will provide you with pint containers and directions for where to pick. You will be asked to pay for your blueberry containers before you enter the field.
- Blueberry fields are open for picking from 9am until 4 pm, weather permitting.